History

The KMA Group was founded in 1866 in Alphen aan de Rijn (NL) as a sail making company. Over the years, other textile manufacturers were added to the company. In 1983 these companies were all merged into one company with the name KMA Textiles with a 10.000m2 production plant in Wommels. At that time KMA was already supplying to the Dutch Ministry of Defense and to many logistical companies. Since then, many developments have taken place at KMA, but one thing has not changed and that is our passion for creating products that offer the best protection in all conditions.

KMA Today

In 2015 KMA moved from the old plant in Wommels to a brand new facility in Heerenveen, marking a new phase for the company. At the head office in Heerenveen all production activities are co-ordinated, and specialist production and prototyping takes place. In addition, our QC department strictly monitors all activities within the group. For larger volumes, KMA produces in Romania and in the Far East to ensure competitive pricing and rigid uniform quality control.

Next to our production facilities, the head office in Heerenveen is also the location for our fire safety division. Because of the growing awareness of, and demand for, fire safety solutions, this division was founded in 2018. For textile related solutions we work closely with the Dutch company Firefabric. for active firefighting KMA has joined forces with Dupré Minerals to become their distributor for the Lith-Ex fire extinguishing range for Lithium battery fires.